Matthew 11:28-30 - Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Joshua 24:15 -
Choose this day whom you will serve; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Who do you say Jesus is?

There are some questions in life we all must answer. Where do I come from? Why am I here? Where am I going? These are important questions and ones we do well to spend some time on.

There is another such question, that sheds light on answers to all the rest. That question is,
 "Who do you say Jesus is?".





I love this picture because it gives some simple answers to the question.  He is the creator of the birds and the flowers.  He became a man and walked this Earth as a simple, Jewish rabbi two thousand years ago.  He is a person, a man like me in all things but sin.  He lived as a simple man that served others in all he did, and ultimately with his life.
 

This is not a multiple choice question with one or even a few right answers, but it is not a question you can afford not to answer. Its answer has eternal significance.

There are related questions we can ponder:

Where can I find Jesus?

What would he be doing if he was here? In fact - what is he doing right here and now?

What does he think of those I don't like very much right now? What would he have me do for them?

Where does he call me to go?

Whom does he call me to be?

These are hard questions. The answers are easy but living them is again hard.

For some very thought provoking talks on serving Jesus in places where Christians are often persecuted and most of us can't imagine voluntarily going, see: http://www.carlmedearis.com/free-stuff/

No comments: