Suffice it to say there are many books in our home. I've loved reading since I was young because it helped me learn things I didn't know and understand something about things I had never experienced. Some books are good, some are great, and others are well....not so good. I'll try to focus on the great ones here.
- The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
- Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
- Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
History, Cultural, Political
- Carl Medearis books - (Carl's website) - Carl's books "Muslims, Christians and Jesus", "Tea with Hezbollah", and "Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not-Evangelism" could be listed under the Spiritual category, but they have so much to say about contributing positively to the major conflicts of our day, I've listed them here. Carl lived for a major portion of his adult life in the crucible of the Middle East (Beirut, Lebanon) so his approach is well vetted and proven successful. He's lived this stuff with his life, and his testimony really moved me.
- Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
- Healing Fire of Christ by Paul Glynn
- Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI
- Jesus of Nazareth (Part II) - Holy Week: From the Entrance Into Jerusalem To The Resurrection
- Render Unto Caesar by Charles J. Chaput