Matthew 11:28-30 - Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Joshua 24:15 -
Choose this day whom you will serve; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Introductions

Greetings fellow travelers through space and time. This blog is a place for me to share random thoughts and information that I hope will be of some value to friends, family and random folk on the Internet that may stop by. Like many bloggers, I will attempt to be personal and relevant without sharing too much that you may not care to know, or perhaps shouldn't know. I'm working to adapt content from other websites I have, to this blog way of presenting things, so bear with me.

We all bring perspective, experience and a certain worldview to our blogs. I happen to be a forty-something father of four six wonderful children and husband to a dedicated mother and homemaker. We lead a "work at home" kind of life that allows us to be there for our children and that is important to us. We strive to shape our family life according to the Christian faith (Catholicism to be a little more specific if you wish to know). I work as an Information Technology (IT) Consultant for a large computer company as a day job (and night job sometimes too!). My interests include music, bicycling and enjoying the great outdoors. I am a former US Marine and am proud of this country and our history. I also love writing of many forms and hope to publish a book or two someday. My blog will likely include mixed up bits of all these interests.

The thoughts here are purely my own. They are not the responsibility of my family, church, government or employer. That's more then enough on me and where I am coming from. If you are interested, read on and we'll see where this goes together. Given the responsibilities of my family and job, I don't exactly have oodles of time for blogging, but I'll see what I can do.

No comments: